This Position is for a Systems Analyst with a work location in Hattiesburg, MS.
Under general direction, assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of computer systems. Develop and coordinate the design, implementation and maintenance of computer systems and programs. Responsible for the preparation of system and program specifications, test criteria, and project control. Write computer programs. Work with user-management and the user project leader to determine system objectives and solutions. This position has some latitude for unreviewed action and decision relative to the design of systems and programs. Most often personnel in this position receive an assignment as a member of the systems team for a specific significant major project. Personnel in this position may be assigned as the systems project leader for a specific systems project.
1. Develop detail system and program specifications. Develop system documentation and user procedures. Prepare test data. Write computer programs. Coordinate/perform system and program testing. Coordinate/perform system and program implementation and modification. Research systems and programs to determine causes of failure or poor operational performance; then define, test and implement detailed solutions.
2. Generate, monitor and maintain physical inventory of all computer related items in the Hattiesburg Plant.
3. Assist in providing inputs for project review meetings and management presentations, including general design review, project scheduling, test plan, system and program tactics and methods, system controls, procedures, documentation, and system implementation plan.
4. Desktop/Laptop computer support and maintenance as well as upgrades based on Kohler replacement schedule.
5. Comply with Corporate Systems Development standards, procedures, guidelines, priorities, and schedules.
6. Support and troubleshoot all software applications currently used by the Engine Plants, including but not limited to the following. Engine labeling, Quality ship hold, Tools Net, Infinity QS, Visual Basic, Zebra ticket printers, serial number labeling system, MP2, SAP, KPAC, and bar code scanners.
7. Provide analysis, counsel, and direction to personnel of operating units to analyze problems and develop solutions, as well as assure efficient operation of existing systems and programs. Maintain an understanding of business processes and the implications of computer systems on these processes.
8. Assist or solely direct, schedule, and coordinate the efforts of data processing, user, and vendor personnel assigned to a specific systems project.
9. Prepare and publish systems project status reports.
10. Provide spirited, positive leadership when working on systems projects. Challenge obsolete practices; question accepted truths. Develop practical systems scope that enhances the business function. Control the project scope, resources, and quality within budget and schedule to meet objectives.
11. Participate in educational programs and professional societies involving analysis, leadership skills, and computing technology.
12. Conduct educational programs involving company personnel relating to specific projects.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
14. Provide on-site support of the network and telecommunications infrastructure.
1. Prefer a college graduate with emphasis in Data Processing courses.
2. Require a minimum of two years’ prior systems and programming experience.
3. Usually 2-4 years’ experience to attain desired performance standards.
Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.