012000 - Food Sci Nutrition Hlth Promo
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reconcile and assist with fiscal administration for the department/unit, including but not limited to budgets, funding, grants, contracts, payroll, employment, travel, and/or purchasing; may assist with fiscal planning, including participating in seeking alternate sources of funding.
2. Maintain an efficient system of receiving, posting, and depositing revenue and receiving, verifying, posting, and processing vouchers for payment of goods and services.
3. Prepare requisitions for purchases; communicate with vendors for prices, bids, and other information.
4. Prepare journal entries to record income, expenditures, interest, fund transfers, encumbrances, etc.
5. Transfer funds between accounts following established guidelines.
6. Prepare various accounting schedules, statements, and reports for monthly and annual reporting.
7. Reconcile division financial records with university accounting records.
8. Gathers data for budget preparation and inventory reports; prepares or assists in the preparation of the annual budget, and procures all supplies, furniture, and office equipment.
9. Maintain files and records in support of accounting data.
10. Perform related duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma
Experience (yrs.): 4-6 years Directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Indicated education is required; no substitutions allowed.
When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
2. Experience in fund accounting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge and previous experience using spreadsheet software program.
2.Ability to operate computer keyboard and 10-key electronic calculator.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
* No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
* No or very limited physical effort required.