Bilingual Call Center Operator
The role of the call center operator is to function as a multi-skilled, technical person responsible for customer service, electronic patient scheduling and to serve as a resource person to the clerical staff and other members of the clinic team. The operator will work within this job description using the demonstrated competencies consistent with the role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic medical office procedures
- Knows medical terminology
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with patients, the clinical care team and the general public
- Ability to perform job duties in an effective and timely manner
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
- Ability to organize tasks and use time effectively
Has openings for english/spanish and english/vietnamese
- A graduate of an accredited high school or have received a GED certificate.
- Have experience in medical office or related setting.
- Must be able to demonstrate a caring, positive attitude toward all people.
- Performs within the legal and ethical boundaries of the role
- Provides essential job functions to maintain efficient and effective customer services and clinic processes
- Participates as a team member to achieve organizational and clinic goals.
- Provide excellence in customer service
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Upholds, complies with, and enforces the Core Principles and Code of Conduct.
- Schedules return patient appointments by locating patient in patient master listing of the practice management system. Verifies and updates the patient address and phone number. Determines next available requested appointment and appropriately completes and confirms scheduled appointment.
- Schedules new patient appointment by selecting the patient master listing of the practice management system. Completes all possible sections in both front and back screens of patient information section. Appropriately selects the next available new patient appointment and completes and confirms the appointment.
- Explains the patient charges system, including sliding fee schedule and requirements as well as patient’s responsibility for their portion of the charges.
- Advises the patient to bring a current list of their medication needs to their appointment and to arrive at least thirty minutes early for new patients and fifteen minutes early for returning patients to complete required registration information.
Pass Christian MS.
Pass Christian MS, MS