Position is responsible for the control and disposition of non-conforming material that requires rework, and that is not a standard operation of the traveler.
• Provides quick and accurate disposition of non-conforming material.
• Reviews pipes and all necessary paperwork. After review determines the most efficient and effective route to remediate non-conformances in accordance with customer and industry standards.
• Reviews completion of all the operations shown on the rework traveler.
• Verifies that the paperwork is correct and orderly.
• Works closely with quality, engineering and supervisory personnel to resolve discrepancies.
• Must be familiar with unique customer requirements.
• Assist operators with proper NCR preparation.
• Responsible for safe work practices by adhering to safety rules; identifies and reports safety problems.
• Trains and works closely with Level I analyst.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• In-process and final inspection of pipe in accordance with SXP, customer and industry requirements.
• Must understand and follow requirements of SXP QMS and EHS system.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum one-year experience working in the manufacturing and/or inspection departments of the seamless pipe manufacturing industry and familiarity in the processing of seamless piping products.
• Must have passed Level II written exam, and meet quality & quantity standards.
• Must possess and maintain two other inspection certifications ie: VISUAL, PT, DIM, UT/PAUT, and be willing to work in that position as needed including overtime situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, specifications and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, proportions, percentages, area, length, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate MS Word and MS Excel knowledge and the skills to learn Quality Management and ERP (SAP) software.
Cultural Fit - PCC Values
Drive For Results
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE THAT MUST BE MET BY AN EMPLOYEE TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
Ability to stand and walk to perform daily job functions. Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing. Ability to exert up to thirty-five pounds of force to lift and move objects. Ability to read reports and use computer. Ability to work in an environment with exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, and varying temperatures.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - THE WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE AN EMPLOYEE ENCOUNTERS WHILE PERFORMING THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee works in a plant environment that is not climate controlled. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to noise, moving mechanical parts and vibration. This is a tobacco free work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
**Requisition ID:** 23523