Hardware Engineer 5
Sep 13, 2021Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is seeking to fill aHardware Engineer 5openingfor our client in Claremont, NC.
Duration: 6 months
The main function of a hardware engineer is to research, design, develop, test computer or computer-related equipment for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use. A typical hardware engineer is responsible for the manufacture and installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components.
* Review and approve plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
* Review and approve product prototypes, working models or theoretical models constructed with computer simulation.
* Supervise functioning of equipment and approve modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
* Write detailed functional specifications that document the hardware development process and support hardware introduction.
* Act as a subject matter expert to engineering staff and consult specifications to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
* Provide training and support to system designers and users.
* Design and develop computer hardware and support peripherals, including central processing units (CPUs), support logic, microprocessors, custom integrated circuits, and printers and disk drives.
* Direct technicians, engineering designers or other technical support personnel as needed.
* Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
* Team player and detail oriented.
* Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
* Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
* Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control and operation of telecommunications systems.
* Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
* Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
* Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
* Bachelors degree in electrical or electronic engineering or similar is required.
* 10+ years experience required.
Must Have Skills:
* Mentor schematics capture
* Table product and/or Telecommunications experience
* Brought products to market
* Demonstrated problem solving
* Strong lab debug skills, working with oscilloscopes, and logic analyzer
* Signal integrity and high speed design
* Experience through compliance testing
* Worked in embedded environment
Nice to Have:
* Spectrum analyzer experience
* Masters degree
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group is required.
CTG does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee based recruitment services for this role.
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided. For additional information, please contactRoberta Allegrino at 888-284-6551 ext. 2113 or email@example.com. Kindly forward to any other interested parties—thank you!
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients' project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
* Job Function: Manufacturing Engineering
* Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
* Work Remote: Yes
* Travel: No