Actalent Engineering is looking for a Assembly Engineer for an automotive company in the Tupelo, MS area.
• Engineering support for production shop to help meet KPI targets for Safety, Quality, Productivity and Cost
• Provide tooling, jigs, equipment or resources to production to ensure vehicle is built to design specifications
• Work cross shop to determine root cause or obtain support to implement C/M's
• Project lead for section on change point such as new parts, tooling, poka-yoke or equipment installation
• Lead Kaizen activities for section to improve process capability or workability
• Coordinate/Lead cross shop investigations & develop C/M's for design related Safety & Quality issues
• Ability to investigate and grasp current condition and make decisions for appropriate C/M's on complex issues affecting production
• 2 - 5 Years PLC Programming Experience
• Fanuc / Kawasaki Robot Programming & Recovery Experience
• Work with Maintenance Management Systems
automotive, root cause, corrective action, Mechanical, Process engineering, mechanical engineering, manufacturing process, Manufacturing engineering, Process improvement, Continuous improvement, Assembly, Six sigma, Lean manufacturing, Electrical, Production, equipment reliability, reliability engineering
• BS in an engineering degree
• Microsoft applications: (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, etc.)
• Automotive assembly experience a plus.
• AutoCAD, Inventor or related, ability to read vehicle and equipment blue prints / drawings and manuals.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.