Our Transportation Construction, Engineering and Inspection group assists in all levels of federal, public, private and international organizations by offering planning, design, and construction services for transportation systems that reflect community needs. Our value-added program management, best-in-class design-build expertise, and unparalleled sustainability and economic solutions, build partnerships and create solutions for current and future environmental and infrastructure challenges.
CDM Smith is seeking a Project Scheduler to support our Transportation CEI (Construction Engineering & Inspection) team. This person can be anywhere in the following states including Texas, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, West Virginia, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania. This position will contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
- Develops and documents project planning considerations and objectives, scope and milestones to incorporate into the master project schedule.
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes integrated critical path schedules for projects in accordance with contract specifications.
- Develops scope, deliverables, and activities with project managers for each task assignment.
- Develops detailed work plan deliverables including schedule diagrams (Pert, Gantt & Time-Scale), resource loaded activities, and fee scheduling of invoicing.
- Gathers project progress information from project manager and project team members to update and monitor the project.
- Maintains and updates scope within work breakdown structure; reports on unbudgeted activities. Updates actual expenditures, and forecasts remaining cost/resource needs.
- Supports the updating of a risk register related to schedule and scope impacts.
- Develops monthly progress report deliverables to encompass schedule updates, schedule performance/milestone reports, and performance curves. Monitors and reports critical path and schedule performance; updates actual progress and forecast remaining work schedule.
- Prepares miscellaneous proposal schedules, as required.
Senior Project Scheduler
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related discipline.
- 6 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
**Why CDM Smith?:**
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
**Join Us! CDM Smith - where amazing career journeys unfold.**
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it's a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
**Job Site Location:**
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
**Amount of Travel Required:**
**Visa Sponsorship Available:**
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
**Skills and Abilities:**
- Expertise in project management methodology including project planning, control and assurance methodologies, and general finance and accounting concepts and practices.
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities as well as an understanding construction practices.
- Proficiency in the use of Enterprise Project Portfolio Management tools (Ex: Primavera).
- Possesses strong teamwork and collaboration skills and an ability to work well in fast paced environments requiring daily shifting of priorities.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
**Background Check and Drug Testing Information:**
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as "CDM Smith") reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
**U.S. Vaccine Status:**
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as "CDM Smith") are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.